Week 33 -- "Finding Balance" -- Grade 9
Brief Summary: This lesson explores goals, priorities, and expectations as they apply to teenagers and working adults. The lesson then shifts to provide guidance to students on how to manage their time and expectations, thus finding balance. The lesson includes tips for how teens can live a balanced life, having time for both work and fun.
- Students will discuss the importance of setting goals based on priorities.
- Students will discuss the importance of having a balance between time spent working and things they find relaxing.
- Priority – something that is considered to be very important to someone
- Efficient – to get the most out of your time
- Work-life balance – a situation where live is not dominate by work or relaxation but is balanced between the two
- Expectations can affect how much time and energy we put toward work. These can encourage and motivate us, but they can also become overwhelming if you don’t have balance.
- In order to find balance, we must be intentional in how we plan and manage our time.
- Be honest about your priorities and create a plan to meet them.
Continue the Conversation:
- The connectivity between thinking-feeling-doing:
- How can we connect what we think about the content we just reviewed to how we are feeling?
- What actions can you take to apply this information in a meaningful way?
- Self, Others, World:
- How can you use the information you learned in this lesson to help yourself?
- How can you use the information you learned in this lesson to help your friends and family?
- How can you use the information you learned in this lesson to help other people you may encounter?
- Do you think that multitasking helps or hurts as you seek balance? Why?
Additional activities/resources/suggested reading: