Week 30 -- "You're In Control" -- Grade 1
Suite360 Student Lesson Name: You're In Control
Brief Summary: Students will be able to describe how to calm down when they’re feeling strong emotions.
- Managing emotions: taking steps to control how we feel
- When we manage our emotions, we take steps to control how we feel.
- Only we are in control of what we say and do.
- There are breathing strategies to manage our emotions - rainbow breathing, belly breathing, and deep breathing.
- We can take responsible actions (good choices) to manage our emotions.
Continue the Conversation:
- What are some strong emotions? How do you feel when you feel a strong emotion?
- What are some breathing strategies we can use to calm down?
- What are some responsible actions we can take to manage our emotions?
Additional activities/resources/suggested reading: