Week 30 -- "Responsible Behavior at Senior Prom" -- Grade 12
Responsible Behavior at Senior Prom
Brief Summary: It’s that time of year when everyone gets excited to attend the biggest formal gathering of the school year. Prom is that last dance of the year for seniors and a culmination of all the great things high school had to offer. It’s a chance for teens to get together with their friends and classmates to have fun and celebrate all their accomplishments over the last four years. In this lesson, students discuss prom etiquette and some common rules that apply for the night to help them have fun and make it home safely.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of prom etiquette.
- Students will discuss expectations that others may have for prom, including parents, school chaperones, dates, and friends.
- There are rules and expectations for prom that must be followed. It is the responsibility of the individual to know what they are.
- There are consequences of poor decisions, and the adults present at prom are there to make sure that everyone is safe.
- Communication is key in making sure that this is a special night. This includes clear communication between dates, friends, and parents.
Continue the Conversation:
- The connectivity between thinking-feeling-doing:
- How can we connect what we think about the content we just reviewed to how we are feeling?
- What actions can you take to apply this information in a meaningful way?
- Self, Others, World:
- How can you use the information you learned in this lesson to help yourself?
- How can you use the information you learned in this lesson to help your friends and family?
- How can you use the information you learned in this lesson to help other people you may encounter?
- What concerns might parents have about prom and why?
Additional activities/resources/suggested reading: